Skip to main content

An Update on Life=Braces, LotR, and a New WIP


Greetings, all!


It seems like it’s been ages since I last posted! I always forget how crazy the post-holiday season is; catching up on school and sickness leave little time for blogging. Anyways, I’m back from my unexpected hiatus with a couple of updates and some exciting news:

I GOT BRACES!!!

Apparently, I was supposed to get them sooner (according to the orthodontist) but at least I have them now, and they already making a difference in my smile. I also got a palate expander which is making life…interesting…to say the least. I can’t talk right or eat right with the expander. I’m hoping I only have to have it in for a little while longer.

Another exciting thing that happened last week was that my brother and I got to go see The Return of the King in a theater!!! There’s an old opera house near me that was turned into a movie theater where they only show classic movies such as Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, It’s a Wonderful Life (we went and saw that in December), Home Alone, LotR, and others of that type. It was so much fun to see RotK with tons of other LotR fans; we even dressed up (I went as Tauriel and my brother as Frodo) and got to go up on stage! The audience voted on which costume they liked best (my brother and I did not win; unfortunately) and the winner got a beautiful copy of one of Tolkien’s works. During the movie, the audience would cheer for the heroes (Sam got TONS of cheers) and boo for the villains (Denethor was booed quite often), and recite all the lines. We had a great time.
I also officially have a new WIP: my OYAN (One Year Adventure Novel) assignment-

Of Silver, Shipmates, and Strange Tides

(title to potentially change sometime in the future)

I wasn’t thrilled about starting this novel; it’s not my greatest story idea and the characters are not going to be easy to make believable, but I’m starting to get excited about it.

Here’s the story synopsis:

Eden Claire is an orphaned serving girl in England. Living her lonely life working in the library of a boarding school, she begins to think that she must always settle for less, and that her dreams of comradeship, adventure, and sailing to unknown lands must slowly dwindle away to nothing.

 However, when an old forgotten acquaintance shows up on her doorstep with a note left to Eden by her father, those dreams might just become rekindled; dreams that will take Eden to wild escapades on the high seas.

Eden must outwit the notorious Damian the Black Hearted and his gang of pirates in her quest for her father’s treasure, but she cannot do it alone-she will need the help of others. Can she learn how important true friendship is, even at the cost of losing the treasure…and possibly her own life?

And here are some aesthetics (because I can’t start a story without making an aesthetic first XD).



And, before I go, I would like to share a quote that a friend shared with me by C.S. Lewis.  

Isn't that awesome?!?! XD

Now, let’s talk! What’s been going on in your life? Does anyone else have braces? Which LotR movie is your favorite? What do you think of my new WIP?

Namarie!

Comments

  1. Oh my word, your movie theater sounds fantastic! I would cut off a finger to go to a showing of RotK in the movie theater in cosplay with a bunch of other superfans. Like oy. That must have been SOOOOOOO fun.

    Awesome post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fantastic!!! And it was SOOO much fun! XD (Cutting off your finger would hurt...but then you could be like Frodo. ;-D)
      Thank you so much! <3

      Delete
    2. Exactly! That’s why I chose that extremity ;)

      Delete
  2. Ah! I love those collages!! And that quote. Quotes are great! :D

    D.G. Snapper | silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! And yes; quotes are great. XD
      Btw, I looked at your blog. It's super cool! :-D

      Delete
  3. Aw, sorry about your braces! The first two weeks are the roughest, after that it's easier. I know nothing about a palate expander though, it sounds painful. I hope you feel better soon!

    Your story sounds and looks awesome!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! <3 They have been getting easier. :-) It is painful. :-Z I only have to have it in for a few months though.
      Thank you!!! I start writing it next week. XD

      Delete
  4. It sounds really awesome! I'd love to beta read when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I will keep you in mind when I am ready for beta readers! XD

      Delete
  5. Your new book sounds interesting. I tried to take the One Year Adventure Novel when I was in school, but it just didn't work for me. But I took the idea I started there and turned it into my 2016 NaNoWriMo novel.
    Going to see the Lord of the Rings in the theater sounds awesome. I hope someday to see it when they have a live orchestra playing. I think my favorite movie is the first one, because I love the Fellowship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's awesome! What was your novel about? :-)
      It was. XD That would be awesome!!! The first one is most of my family's favorite one; I do love the Fellowship. :-D

      Delete
  6. That WIP sounds really exciting!!! I love a good swashbuckling adventure!! (And the MC's name is really neat!)

    Oy, I remember those palate expander days!! Lots of smoothies (which was wonderful, in my book). Lots of finely chopped foods. Lots of pain and discomfort. (A warning: I still have scars on the inside of my mouth from where the braces and the herbst appliance and the expander all rubbed on me - use your wax!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Swashbuckling adventures are the best. *nods* XD
      Ooh, thanks for the reminder; I haven't used my wax yet. :-Z Yes, lots of chopped and soft foods. XD

      Delete
  7. Can't wait to read it!!!!!!!. RotK is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! I start writing it next week. XD
      RotK I think is my favorite as well. TT is pretty close though. :-)

      Delete
  8. Your new WIP sounds awesome!:) And you got to see The Return of the King at a theatre? That is amazing! And congrats on getting braces.
    -Quinley
    P.S. I love the C.S. Lewis quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Quinley! XD YES IT WAS AMAZING!!! XD I love the quote too. :-D

      Delete
  9. I had braces when I was in college - they were not very fun at all....LOL.

    WHAT!!! I wish there was a classic movie theater near me!!! I'd go so often....

    OOOHHH, A piratey book! I like it!!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope; not fun. XD
      I know! We just went for the first time in December and have already been there twice. It's so cool! If you ever are in my area, you should stop by and we can go together. *nods* :-D
      Thanks! XD I've never done pirates before. :-D

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on getting braces!
    I wish I could have gone to the re-screening of LotR... maybe next time... *sob*
    Ooh that story sounds cool! I love the aesthetics. And that quote is just what I needed to hear today. Thank you so much for sharing it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!!
      Yes, definitely next time. :-)
      You're welcome! <3

      Delete
  11. That LotR theater showing sounds like SO MUCH FUN. Agh. I wish I could've been there. <3

    ACK. I LOVE those aesthetic collages! They're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could have been there as well!!!
      Aw, thanks!!! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stationary Tag

Greetings and Happy Leap Day, my friends!  I got tagged by the lovely Rachel at R's Loft to participate in this stationary tag that was created by Bethany who blogs at Scribbled Fiction ! Many thanks for tagging me, Rachel!!! And many thanks to Bethany for creating this tag. :D There’s little in the world I love more than pens and notebooks…of course, I don’t often actually write in my notebooks but still. They’re amazing. XP 

Random Blog Party Pt. 3-Art Competition!!!

Greetings, all! Welcome to part three of the Random Blog Party!!! (Don’t forget to read parts one and two if you haven’t yet!!!) Today we are announcing the Random Blog Party Art Competition!!! Rules: 1.        Draw/paint/sketch/color/carve/sculpt/splatter/or whatever something random from your favorite fandom! 2.        Content must be appropriate for ALL AGES. G for General Audiences. 3.          Post your art on your blog/social media platform and comment with the link on THIS POST by midnight (12:00am) on Wednesday, May 13 th , 2020. 4.        Sadly, there will no actual prize (sorry! we will give out virtual cookies and pizza though) but we will highlight the winners’ artworks on our blog posts! We will be awarding Best Artwork, Most Creative, and Our Personal Favorite. 5.        If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We’re nice people. Hope you artists out there will join our competition!!! Can’t wait to see what you all come

My Camp Nano Project: Of Seas, Silver, and Shipmates.

Greetings, all!  Since Camp Nano is almost over...HOW IS IT ALREADY ALMOST THE END OF JULY???...ahem, I decided to share a little of what I've been working on this month.  Introducing,  Synopsis Eden Claire is an orphaned serving girl in England. Living her lonely life working in the library of a boarding school, she begins to think that she must always settle for less, and that her dreams of comradeship, adventure, and sailing to unknown lands must slowly dwindle away to nothing. However, when an old forgotten acquaintance shows up on her doorstep with a note left to Eden by her father, those dreams might just become rekindled; dreams that will take Eden to wild escapades on the high seas. Eden must outwit the notorious Damian the Black Hearted and his gang of pirates in her quest for her father’s treasure, but she cannot do it alone-she will need the help of others. Can she learn how important true friendship is, even at the cost of losing the treasure…and